To our beloved patrons,
We are writing to share the latest information and guidance regarding the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Keeping You Safe is Our Priority
The following is a list of steps the UICC is undertaking to ensure a safe environment:
- Posted signage with recommendations on how to stay healthy and prevent the spread of COVID-19 at around the UICC.
- Elevated cleaning and sanitizing measures in all public areas, including surfaces, door handles and elevator buttons with germicide proven to eradicate COVID-19.
Protect, Prepare and Know the Facts
As a reminder, the best ways to reduce risk of getting sick, as with seasonal colds or the flu, still applies to prevent COVID-19:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Try alternatives to shaking hands, like an elbow bump or wave.
- If you have recently returned from a country, state or region with ongoing COVID-19 infections, monitor your health and follow the instructions of public health officials.
- Vulnerable individuals, which is defined as 60+ years or who have health conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, kidney disease and weakened immune systems, are recommended to limit outings, avoid large gatherings, telecommute if possible, stay home if they are sick and avoid people who are sick.
- There is no recommendation to wear masks at this time to prevent yourself from getting sick.
Please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for frequently asked questions.