January 15, 2017
What a truly amazing year it has been here at the Irish Center! The year ahead looks to be even more exciting as we develop our strategic plan to celebrate Irish exceptionalism for our children, grandchildren and all future generations of Irish Americans here at the UICC. Our wonderful Members gave an overwhelming endorsement in our Ballot to convert the UICC to a 501c3 Non-Profit Corporation, now eligible for tax deductible dues and donations.
We finished 2016 with 130 renewed memberships and a total membership count of 1200, including 730 Charter Members. We also ended the year with a profit (before depreciation) for the first time in 4 years, not counting the membership dues collected.
So, what can we expect in 2017?
- Dues and Donations are now Tax Deductible!
- Dues for 2017 are $150.00 per person (or, $250.00 for a couple), and only $130.00 per person ($230 for a couple), if paid by February 28th.
- Music, and more special events every Friday & Saturday in the Bar/Restaurant.
- Facility upgrades such as: paint, lighting, audio visual equipment, new bathrooms.
- Community meetings regarding facility enhancements, and more programming.
- More Staff/Management to support increased programming and member engagement.
- Hire Architects/Designers, and other experts to scope out our future facilities.
- A Capital goal (“The Generations Fund”) of $1,000,000 for 2017.
- Greater engagement and outreach to other Irish societies and philanthropies.
We sincerely hope you will renew your membership for 2017 on the attached form, and possibly consider an additional Tax Deductible donation. COMING SOON: You will be able pay on line at www.IrishCenterSF.org.
The future of the Center is now!
We value your support.
President of the Board