December 1 2017
Happy Upcoming Holidays!
I know that many of you are wondering what’s been going on since our vote to become a 501c3 Non-‐Profit Corporation, so I’d like to update you on things that have been happening here at the Center. As we all know, Rome wasn’t built in a day, and we wish we could snap our fingers and demonstrate all kinds of progress and change at the Center immediately. Important and major changes at the Center will take patience and perseverance on the part of our Board, our dedicated personnel, and our Membership. So, here’s what’s been happening:
- We have an excellent and dedicated board working collaboratively to make our Center a wonderful home for all our members. The ICCC and UICC Boards have been working as one, all year, and we are almost ready for the full transition to our new corporate structure. By-‐laws are now ready for member viewing and have been uploaded to our website.
- Robert Sparks was hired as Executive Director in August and is focusing on identifying our strengths and weaknesses, including improving our organizational structure, and our systems for providing customer service to our membership. Our next employee hire will be a full-‐time Marketing/Social Media professional to allow us to better communicate with our members, and reach out to the entire Bay Area Irish community to build awareness of the Center and build excitement for our plans.
- Robert has also been interviewing architectural/design professionals to help us determine appropriate investments in our facilities that will enhance our revenues and our member experience in 2018, and over the coming 5 years. This insight will better inform us on our strategic planning and fundraising goals.
- We have so many needs, simply to bring our facilities up to current city codes. Longer-‐ term investment could reach $10,000,000 to modernize our facilities. Our goal is to solidify the Center as an exceptional gathering place that welcomes everyone in our community, to learn and experience Irish culture and history, with an authentic and current Irish experience in dining and celebration.
- Our plan for 2018 is to allocate up to $1.5 million toward immediate improvements, once we learn from our architectural/design team which components of our facility can be improved now, without compromising a longer-‐term
- Funding for the improvements will come from a $1.5 million Line of Credit with a local Bank. Because of a positive and strong financial position in 2017, this Line of Credit has become possible and will enable us to pay for identifiable improvements that come from our meetings with architectural/design professionals. Not a penny will be spent without a plan, or without Board approval. If you’d like to be more involved in the process, please consider joining one of our Committees or our Board.
- We wish we could simply raise the funds through an immediate Capital Campaign, or generous donation from our community. However, your Board has determined that we need to spend money to demonstrate progress to our members and constituents and to gain access to the generosity of our Members and the broader Irish community for our longer-‐term fundraising objectives.
- We will be updating the entire membership through our Website, Email Newsletters, US Mail, and other vehicles of communication. Making that flow of information possible will be within the role of the Marketing Professional we will be hiring shortly. Dues for 2018 will remain set at $150 per Membership, with discounts available for immediate payment (details attached). We also ask you to consider a donation towards our Generations Fund Capital Campaign, through which our Center improvements will be funded. All donations of any size are greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your patience and I hope that you will be delighted as things change for the betterment of the Center in the months and years ahead.
President of the Board
Contact UICC MemberShip Team
UICC Email List