Ready To Make an Impact?
About The United Irish Cultural Center
The United Irish Cultural Center of San Francisco (UICC) is the hub of Irish culture for the city of San Francisco and the Bay Area. Headquartered in the Outer Sunset District of San Francisco, the UICC is a California 501c3 nonprofit corporation offering a membership program, event rental opportunities, and a full calendar of events which serve to promote Irish culture through a wide variety of options for members and the community at large. Just three short blocks from the magnificent Golden Gate Recreational Area at Ocean Beach, the UICC is home to the Patrick J. Dowling Library with its growing collection of books and ephemera, and a proud sponsor of many Irish cultural programs throughout the city of San Francisco and at its own facility including social, recreational, athletic, youth, and cultural activities. In addition the Irish Center plays host to a wide variety of private and community functions in its many facilities including the St. Patrick Ballroom and the St. Francis Room banquets facilities, bar and lounge (indoor and outdoor options) areas, several meeting rooms, and catering kitchens. Nearby attractions include the San Francisco Zoo, Harding Park Public Golf Course, Lake Merced Recreational Facility, and Golden Gate Park.
Job Type: Non-Exempt – Hourly – 20-30 hours per week
Job Type: Part-time
Reports to: Event Manager
The events assistant will actively and independently support the role of the event manager, and will be trained in all aspects of our special and scheduled events.
The individual will report and work very closely with the Event Manager and the position will eventually be a self-directed role that will take over the Event Manager’s responsibilities during their absence.
The initial schedule will be approximately 20 – 30 hours weekly, but this is subject to change as event schedules develop throughout peak periods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting the event manager with logistical and administrative support
- Assist event manager with various streams of inbound communications
- Be the first point of contact for potential new clients, and provide them with helping booking information
- Maintaining record of all bookings and managing the Google calendar
- Organize event documentation, preparing and send invoices and contracts for recurring and one off events
- Schedule meetings for the event manager and potential clients
- Administrative duties – answering phone calls, email inquiries and assisting any guests who visit the center with any queries they may have
- Assistance with set up, dismantle and light cleaning of events, from smaller meetings to large banquets and weddings
- Support with ensuring events run smoothly from start to finish and being a contact point at the UICC
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening and/or weekends
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication skills both in person and over the phone
- A proven ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Tech- Savvy’
- Experience working in a customer-oriented environmen
If interested please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com